Tetracycline and its side-effects
Tetracycline is an antibiotic used to treat acne and other skin disorders such as rosacea and perioral dermatitis etc.
It is effective against a wide variety of bacteria including Hemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia psittaci, Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and many others. Tetracycline does not cure the condition; in fact it only suppresses these skin disorders. It may be required to continue taking tetracyclin for months or even years.
Besides treating skin disorders, tetracycline is also used for many different infections including respiratory tract infections due to Hemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, or Mycoplasma pneumoniae. It also is used for nongonococcal urethritis (due to Ureaplasma), Rocky mountain spotted fever, typhus, chancroid, cholera, brucellosis, anthrax, and syphilis. It is used in combination with other medications to treat Helicobacter pylori, the bacteria associated with ulcers of the stomach and duodenum.
Tetracycline Side effects
- Tetracycline has tendency to you more sensitive to sunlight and you may get sunburn while taking the medication.
- Female patients may develop a yeast infection while taking tetracycline.
- Tetracycline antibiotics can have toxic effects on development of bone in the fetus.
- It may cause temporary nausea and abdominal cramps.
- Tetracyclines may cause discoloration of teeth if used in patients below 8 years of age.
- Tetracyclines may cause autoimmune disorders, hypersensitivity syndromes as well as abnormal skin pigmentations.
- Tetracycline may well include possible contraction of Sweet's syndrome; a condition in which painful red nodules arise on various parts of the body and is also generally accompanied by fever and malaise.
- Tetracycline as well as other tetracycline derivatives may well be responsible for staining of the teeth as well as the oral cavity
If you are considering using tetracycline then you must consider the risks associated with this acne treatment before proceeding with use. It is recommended that you take note of the following important factors and discuss these to your doctor on every visit. Jot down everything you would like to ask your physician and what he or she needs to know about you:
- Any changes in your appetite, mood or body
- Every medication you are currently taking including prescription and non-prescription drugs such as aspirin, antihistamines, vitamins or supplements
- Follow-up notes from your doctor's visit
- Any side effects that you have developed or may face because of tetracyclin use.
- Your mood if you feel "down" for longer than a day or two at a time
- Trouble in falling asleep or feeling tired all day
- Severe headaches or a change in the way you have experienced headaches in the past
- Extreme weight loss without trying to lose weight
- Slurred speech, vertigo, lack of physical coordination or limb weakness
- Memory loss or loss for words during speech
Try A Side Effects Free Remedy
Instead of using a medicine with possibility of numerous side effects, it is suggested to use an alternative medicine Acne Getaway 101E to treat your acne. Acne Getaway 101E is absolutely free of side effects and takes care of your skin's nourishment side by side fighting with acne causing bacteria. The result is visible in just 7 days. Your skin becomes oil- free, clean and blemish less. If you do not see major improvement within 30 days, you may get your money back.
Getting rid of acne quickly and safely is not a piece of cake. An acne sufferer has to follow certa...
Acne redness can come with an enormous soreness. However one can avoid acne redness using following ...
To maintain our health and skin, we need to consume appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals. We ...
Acne skin condition is a frequent problem caused by various factors such as change of weather, menta...
Accutane also known as Isotretinoin is a powerful drug especially used for the treatment of Acne. T...
Tea tree oil is an essential oil obtained from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia by steam distill...