Arm acne is similar to face acne and acne on other parts of body. The reason behind arm acne is same as on face acne. Hair follicles which are present on arms as well, are connected to sebaceous glands.
Usually, when the dead cells and sebum clog the glands, acne develops. Acne on the arms is one of the most widespread skin disorders. In general, men are more prone to arm acne than women.
Arm acne is in genetics as well commonly called as keratosis pilaris. Keratosis pilaris is a condition that will most commonly affect the upper arms and back, but can also be seen when it come to the legs, thighs and sides. If you think that keratosis pilaris might be part of the problem, it is important that you are aware that there is no known cure for this condition. But many sufferes has control it very well by number of ways.
It is said that tight clothing are main reason behind acne on arms and other parts of body as tight clothing tend to prevent the sebum and dead skin cells from shedding off from the skin. Consequently, the pores will get clogged and acne will develop. individuals who profusely sweat are at a higher risk of developing acne on the arms.
Arm acne is cured by same medicines as face acne is cured but mild one. Because Your arms don't have many oil glands as your face otherwise your skin will be inflamed and dry.
There are some recommendations for controlling arm acne.
- It is not recommended to scrub the affected area of the skin as it can aggravate the problem.
- For those with long hair which fall on the shoulders or upper arm, one should try and keep the hair short and tidy.
- Take shower daily and keep your arms (acne effected area) neat and clean.
- Don't use harsh soaps and cleansers. Use anti-bacterial soap for your skin.
- As healthy and balance diet is very important for you body, it will help you for your skin.
- Don't get dehydrated, Drink plenty of water.
- Take sufficient amount of sleep as sleep keeps away stress from you which will prevent you from more acne breakouts.
For severe arms acne, consult a dermatologist.
Acne is a skin disorder which is caused by the imbalance of hormones. It is a most common skin disor...
Clear and healthy skin is a dream of every person but due to acne problem it seems very difficult to...
Acne is a frequent skin condition that a majority of people suffer from. The causes for acne develop...
Normally people get acne as soon as they enter in their teen age. Normally people think that acne ap...
There are hundreds of medications for acne some are proprietary drugs while some are scams just to m...
How to get rid of female acne using 101 E Acne Getaway? Both teenagers and adults are susceptible to...