Acne- How to Avoid Isotretinoin?
Isotretinoin is considered the most effective drug for acne. It is a type of Vitamin aÂ and is taken orally. Isotretinoin can treat severe acne effectively. The problem is that Isotretinoin also has many side effects. The major concern is pregnancy. it has to be strictly avoided during or before pregnancy. It may cause birth defects in the new born. There are other side effects of Isotretinoin such as -
Dry lips and mouth, Swelling of the eyelids or lips,Crusty skin, Nosebleeds, Indigestion, Thinning of hair
Serious side effects include-
Depression Aggressive behavior Sun sensitivity Muscle pain Fever Painful swallowing
There are some other serious side effects of Isotretinoin. The point is that though Isotretinoin is highly effective in treating acne it needs to be avoided as far as possible. How to do that?
1. Begin treatment of acne as soon as the first spot appears.
2. If you have a family history of severe acne, it would be better to consult a doctor.
3. Try and keep your skin clean and free of oil. Excess washing does not help.
4.Try not to get stressed. Stress may increase acne.
5. Use common remedies such as Benzoyl Peroxide, salicylic Acid and AHAs to control acne in initial stages.
6. Use antibiotics at the first sign of infection. Amongst antibiotics, Tetracycline, Minocycline ,DoxycylineÂ and Erythromycin are commonly used.
7. Consult your doctor about light treatment.
8. Avoid any kind of facial if you have an acne outbreak.
9. Use noncomedogenic cosmetics and skin care products.
10.Â Use oil free hair care product.
This article is only for informative purposes. This article is not intended to be a medical advise and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor for your medical concerns. Please follow any tip given in this article only after consulting your doctor. The author is not liable for any outcome or damage resulting from information obtained from this article.
What is Acne? All acne begins with one basic lesion: the â€œcomedoâ€, an enlarged hair foll...
Â This is a question that many people ask and search for answers on the internet. How do I get rid...
One of the most common types of acne to afflict women occurs on the jaw. A unique feature of this ty...
Acne is one of the most common skin problems that a lot of people (especially the teens) are sufferi...
Despite acne being predominantly associated with teenagers, acne in adults is far more common than m...
Isotretinoin, marketed since 1984 under the name of Roaccutane ?, is the drug used against severe fo...